Medicare Advantage Plans in Colorado
Search & Compare Plans Available in Your Area
Medicare Advantage is also known as Part C or MA plans, which “bundles” Original Medicare Part A and Part B into one health insurance plan. Original Medicare is a health insurance program administered by the federal government, but Medicare Advantage plans are offered by health insurance companies approved by the federal government.
There are 64 counties in Colorado. Medicare Advantage plan monthly premiums, plan benefits, and insurance companies offering plans can vary by county in Colorado:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bundle Part A, Part B, and usually Part D into one plan
- Can include additional benefits such as prescription drugs, dental, vision, and hearing coverage
- Offered by private health insurance companies approved by the government
- Plans can start from as low as $0 premium per month in addition to your Part B premium
- Medicare Advantage plans typically place a ceiling limit on your out-of-pocket costs
- Medicare Advantage plans may have narrower doctor networks. Not all doctors may accept a particular plan
The main difference between Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplement insurance plans is that Medicare Advantage plans an alternative to Original Medicare and include Original Medicare coverage under one plan, while Medicare Supplement insurance plans are a supplement to Original Medicare coverage to help pay your share of out-of-pocket costs. Medicare Advantage plans can also include additional benefits such as dental, vision, hearing, and prescription drug coverage. Medicare Supplement insurance plans do not typically cover prescription drugs, dental, vision, or other benefits.You are not allowed to be enrolled in both a Medicare Advantage plan and Medicare Supplement insurance plan at the same time.
See our guide for Medicare Advantage Plans to learn more.